Monday, March 20, 2017

Springtime in Coquille!


We spent the day fasting, praying, and reading the Word. We’ve been having a great day in the Lord – the sun was out brighter and it seems like Spring has finally come (it's been such a WET winter)! We set up outside with our table/chairs and had a great time soaking up the warmth of the sun. The past few nights, we had been attacked in a big way by the enemy, not being able to sleep, being tormented, etc. It was real bad 2 nights ago for me – constant hot sweats, it felt like a cattle prod was constantly hitting the bottom of my feet making jolts of electricity go up my leg, etc. Anyway, because we had been having such a great time in the Lord these past few weeks, listening to great sermons, praising God quite a bit in song, etc. the enemy has been attacking in several areas, but we won’t give him any space! We keep praising God!
In re-reading 1 Samuel today, I am reminded of where I started at age 8, “Speak Lord for your servant hears.” God has brought me back to this passage this past winter (I’ve been trying to get through this and 2nd Samuel all winter!) to remind me of why He chose me – because I trusted and loved the Lord since childhood, even when all ‘hell’ seemed to be against me.
As we come upon a new time of ministry this summer (we’re calling it the Braveheart Campaign), God is assuring me of His call and just like He did for Samuel, He is saying to us/me that, “I will show you what you shall do,” 1 Samuel 16:3. That no matter what circumstances shall arise, God is with us, leading us step-by-step.
I see myself in David, in that though despised by many over my life, God kept me, molded me, and lifted me up to be His instrument. I didn’t remain as a ‘victim’, nor did I keep that mentality. Sure, during my recovery time, especially in the 90’s, I operated in the ‘victim’ mode, but through God’s help, I overcame. That is why my life verse in Jeremiah “I will restore the years the locust have eaten …” is so valuable to me. God used all those years of abuse to His glory! Like Paul says what the devil meant for bad, God has meant for good!

Apple orchard full of deer!
 
God has been reminding me lately of His call on my life: 25 years ago, He gave me some visions and led me to read some books on deliverance. I remember God clearly telling me at that time that I was to be a part of a deliverance ministry, that someday, I would see people set free from demonic powers, to cast them out. I remember thinking at the time, “no way!” but deeply I knew what God was saying was true. I was both “no way/oh yes Lord”, not that my soul was in conflict, but because I was only at the beginning of my own deliverance and healing and I couldn’t see at that time, how God could possibly make such a thing possible. The verses in Matt. 24 had already been strong in me, to see the blind see, lame walk, dead rise, etc., but because I was still so buried under abuse and low self-worth, I just couldn’t see how God could ever make me a worthy vessel.
I look forward to being used by God in this way, while at the same time when thinking about the condition of this world, the growing hatred toward Christians, the violence in the streets, I know that since God has called us to this ministry, we will go out in strength and the covering of God to fulfill His will. That is not to say absolutely nothing ever will happen to us, that we won’t get hurt in one way or another physically, I do believe that God’s supernatural protection is over us and that no matter what happens, we will stand in victory when God sends us out into the streets again. Just like David took down Goliath.
This past ‘season’ has been a time of growth, learning for us, it has been a great time of refreshing, being built up and prepared for what is coming. Just like Goliath kept the people of Israel in bondage, helpless in the power of greater forces, expecting defeat, not even seeking God! Just like so many times in the past, I let circumstances dictate my life, lived in defeat for a time, but by seeking God again, I gained strength to defeat the giants in my life.
As we prepare to go into battle again, going into the ‘valley of the giants’ (spiritual strongholds of the enemy in the Rogue Valley), we know that God has already defeated them – we just need to walk it out. We already established our ‘bulkhead’ by our work in the park/in the valley in past years, now we go in as victors to see the giants fall. Our love and trust in God will supersede anything that comes against us. We go in expecting God to defeat the giants! God has given us His armor (Eph.6). We are not dependant on the armor of others/or even of our own past successes (ie. methods, education, talents, or accomplishments), not only that, but even if we had success in the past with certain methods, God is doing a new thing in us and through us. We are to be led step-by-step in a new path.’ All in all, the bottom line is ‘belief’ – nothing is more powerful in our lives than prayer. As we walk in the Wisdom of the Lord and be totally obedient to God’s leading, the giants will fall one by one!

My latest watercolor painting - just a small one 8x8"

No comments:

Post a Comment